James’ Home Services held a Gold Star Community Clean-up Day at The Lakes Early Learning Centre six months ago on Saturday 26 November 2016 – just one of the ways we like to give back to our local communities.
About the Special Day
Twenty-two of the James’ Home Services team including service franchisees, consultants and head office team joined in the huge effort, with support from families and centre staff, all donating their time to help out.
James’ Home Services to the Rescue
We gave the inside and outside of the centre a spruce up as well as washed cars and groomed pets. Check out how much excellent work the team accomplished on the day:
- Cleaned & sanitised 8 big kids daycare rooms
- Cleaned & sanitised 5 kids toilet rooms (over 40 toilets)
- Cleaned & sanitised the offices, entry, staff room & kitchen
- Pressure cleaned over 400 square metres of concrete pathways
- Moved 8 cubic metres of mulch (with special thanks to Phil and his dingo!)
- Planted around 70 plants
- Washed over ten staff & family cars
- And groomed lots of very happy dogs!
Sustainability & The Environment
The James’ teams upgraded the gardens with a number of Australian Native plants donated by The Ipswich City Council. The garden is now filled with plants that are low maintenance, more drought tolerant and require less water.
Decomposed mulch was replaced with freshly laid mulch. Mulch reduces the amount of water lost through evaporation by shielding the soil from the sun. Mulch also keeps the soil cooler during the summer and acts as an insulator, lessening the effects of crisp winter evenings and mornings.
The cleaning products supplied by Coast Clean and utilised by James’ cleaning teams were environmentally friendly.
6 Months on, can you tell us how the Clean-up Day was received?
“Although the turn-out was a little quieter than expected, we were very happy with the high standard of service we received. The centre was immaculate by the end of the day and we had a lot of staff, their children and locals coming and going; interested to see what was going on,” said Marnie the Centre Director at The Lakes Early Learning Centre during a 6-month follow-up call from James’ Home Services.
“Even 6 months down the line, we still employ James’ Home Services to take care of our lawns regularly. The event was such a great idea, a really lovely gesture to our centre here in Springfield Lakes,” Marnie added.
“The kids loved our balloons donated by Browns Plains Printing, and everyone tucked into the free sausage sizzle. It was great to see the James Home Services team supporting the community by donating their time, energy and expertise. It was also a lot of fun.” Said Mark Easton, the Director of James’ Home Services Brisbane North West and event organiser.
Looking back on the day now, what do you think could have been done differently?
“The event was well organised and the James’ teams were out in force. If there was one thing I would have loved to see, it would be more of an audience attendance for the day. I think if we had a bit more time to get the word out we could have possibly attracted a bigger crowd.” Said Marnie when reflecting on the event.
Mark agreed, “we wanted to give something back to the community before Christmas. In hindsight, a longer planning period and more effective promotion of the event with local press would have encouraged more people to drop by. In saying that, we were really happy with the volume of tasks we completed throughout the day so we’re definitely satisfied with what we achieved.”
With Special Thanks
Special thanks to our friends from Coast Clean who donated all of the cleaning products for us to use on the day. Thank you to Browns Plains Printing for the balloons and fliers. Huge thank you to all our fantastic franchisees who conducted flawless services throughout the day:
- Craig & Blake Smith, James’ Mobile Car Cleaning & Detailing Wacol
- Kevin & Marianne Thygesen, James’ Interior House Cleaning Regents Park
- Jenni & Mark Pope, James’ Mobile Pet Grooming & Hydrobath North Lakes
- Ashley Richards, James’ Window Cleaning & Exterior House Washing Rochedale & Springwood
- Sagar & Ammy Soman, James’ Interior House Cleaning Annerley
- Colin and Deborah Watson, James’ Lawn & Garden Care Springfield Lakes
- Rachael Green, James’ Interior House Cleaning Flinders View
- Cheryl & Cesar Reyes, James’ Interior House Cleaning Sherwood
- Phil Chilcott, James’ Lawn & Garden Care Pimpama
- Mark Easton, Regional Franchisor, James’ Home Services Brisbane North West
- And Lisa, Ian & Kelvin from James Head Office
Are You Interested In Hosting A James’ To The Rescue Clean-up Event for a Club or Organisation?
We’re on the lookout for the next deserving recipient of a Gold Star Community Clean-up Day – it could be your local sports club or not-for-profit organisation. So keep an eye out for the James’ Home Services team in your community – and come and say hello!