How to clean your over without it costing the earth!
Let’s be honest – dirty ovens are gross. They are black, sticky, grimy, smelly and overall just not entirely pleasant to have to deal with. Well, we have a solution that will make your oven cleaning a breeze, where you won’t feel as though you have just inhaled a lifetime supply of toxic chemicals to last you a lifetime.
Plus, you’ll probably have everything you need in your kitchen cupboard.
What you’ll need:
- Baking soda / bicarbonate soda
- White vinegar – or for sweet smelling use apple cider vinegar
- Chux or sponge
- Gently heat your oven up and then allow to completely cool.
- Make a paste in a bowl with baking soda and vinegar.
- Take out all the racks. If you have a large dishwasher, place the racks in the dishwasher on the highest temperature setting. Otherwise, rub the baking soda mix on the racks and leave to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Apply the same mixture inside your oven, avoiding the heating elements. Leave to soak for about 10 minutes.
- Use your spatula to dive down the back of your oven and scoop out all the bigger chunks of grime and throw in the bin.
- Start scrubbing! Using a sponge or something hardier if you have a lot of grime in there, rub in a circular motion to get all that grease and grime moving. Do the same to your racks to ensure all grime is removed.
- Rinse off your sponge and rub out all the remaining baking soda mixture.
- Insert racks and done!
You should be left with a sparkling, shiny new oven ready for roasting. A handy tip for next time – when roasting or baking, pop another baking tray underneath the rack you are using to catch any unwanted drips, oil and grime – making the next time you clean your oven a much more enjoyable one!
Images from: James Interior House Care- Claremont & Orchard Hills.
Want more hot tips from our professionals? Book an interior house clean with James’ Home Services today!
Visit our interior house cleaning page for our our full range of interior cleaning.